Phantom Error: Zero length string used

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rgandra
Premium Member
Premium Member

Phantom Error: Zero length string used

Post by rgandra »

hi Folks,

I am getting the following warning while loading a target table. The job has finished successfully, but i am getting this warning.

DataStage Job 1201 Phantom 2034
Program "JOB.981326942.DT.1355634165.TRANS2": Line 134, Variable previously undefined. Zero length string used.
Program "JOB.981326942.DT.1355634165.TRANS2": Line 134, Variable previously undefined. Zero length string used.
DataStage Phantom Finished

When i debug the job it has finished without any warnings. But Strangely the same job for different dates working fine as i am using startdate and end date as parameters in source stage.

By the way my source is orcle and target is sqlserver.
Has anybody come across this before? any clues
Thanks
sandeep
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

You have a incorrect variable or column name being used in an expression, problably as part of a conditional (IF..THEN..ELSE) that occasionally will take the opposite path. When doing so, it encounters the coding error.

Search this forum for looking at RB_BPxxx files to read the physical job code and find your line. We've talked about doing this alot, there's significant discussion history. Good luck!
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

Hi,

What are you doing in the transformer?

Ketfos
rgandra
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rgandra »

Hi guys

Thanks for your quick reply's. I am using some if else operators and 3 stage variables. The same job with different dates (as i am passing start and enddate as parametres in source oracle stage) working fine without any warnings. Even this one has finished ok , but with this warning.

Any clues will be appreciated. And i am also searching the forum.

Thanks
sandeep
vbeeram
Participant

Phantom error

Post by vbeeram »

Check the name,data type and length of stage variable .