containers in mvs??

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srikie
Participant

containers in mvs??

Post by srikie »

Hi,
I have thise big job which has like 9 transformers which almost do the same kind of work, I wanted to construct a container but I dont see any container stage in designer. Is it not available in mvs edition for mainframe jobs? Also I wanted to know can we use system variable like @INROWNUM, @OUTROWNUM in mainframe jobs.
Any material or references on the above topics would help me lot in devleoping mainframe jobs.
Thanks
Srikie
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

There is no mainframe job equivalent to a shared container. About the best you'll be able to do is create a dummy job that contains the stages you want to reuse, and copy and paste these into a job as needed.

@INROWNUM and @OUTROWNUM are BASIC system variables (therefore not available in mainframe jobs). Mainframe jobs have their own system variables (significantly fewer than found in server jobs). You can use stage variables as an alternative to @INROWNUM and @OUTROWNUM.

Consult the mainframe job developer's guide. It covers all of the mainframe job stages, functions and system variables.

Mike
srikie
Participant

Post by srikie »

Will check the mainframe guide for system variables.
Thanks
Srikie