Help needed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bram
Participant

Help needed

Post by Bram »

Hello Every one,

I am new to Datastage, and started learning. In my first exercise, i try to load the excel file data, just with three columns in to another excel file as my target. i am using transformer in between two sequential stages, with direct linking from source(DsLink2) to target (DsLink4). When i compile and run the job, 0 records are displaying in my target. Before that , i right clik on my source, view DsLink2 data, its showing errors,

ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 1, too many columns in record
ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 2, column Business_Owner, required column missing
ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 3, column Application, required column missing
ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 4, column Application, required column missing
ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 5, column Application, required column missing
ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 6, column Application, required column missing
ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 7, column Application, required column missing
ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 8, column Application, required column missing
ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 9, column Application, required column missing
ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 10, column Application, required column missing
ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 11, column Application, required column missing
ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 12, column Application, required column missing
ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 13, column Application, required column missing
ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 14, column Application, required column missing
ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 15, column Application, required column missing
ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 16, column Application, required column missing
ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 17, column Application, required column missing
ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 18, column Application, required column missing
ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 19, column Application, required column missing
ldTest..SeqSrcTest.DSLink2: read_delimited() - row 20, column Application, required column missing

I need your help guys,

Thanks in advance,
Bram
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Everyone here needs help of one kind or another. Next time you might want to pick a subject line more appropriate for the problem you are having. :wink:

That being said, the metadata you are using in the source stage doesn't match your actual file. I'm assuming here that you have saved your spreadsheet to a csv or some other form of delimited file and then moved it to the Unix server. Check the file from from the o/s (using something like vi) and verify that it looks like you are expecting - three fields per record, commas between each field with no extra columns or commas. Sounds like your very first record has more than three fields in it - i.e. more than two commas.

It is very typical for extra columns or rows to come along for the ride when saving a spreadsheet to some other output format. You may need to clean it up before saving it, by deleting any extra columns on the right or extra rows at the end.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Having to many columns in record when working with excell workbooks couls also mean you'r missing the printing limits for columns (might also be for lines).
once you have them set you should be ok concenning that.
IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Try with simple things such as 1 or 2 column first. This will give you a feel and idea of how it works and then you can build on it.

The common errors can be something like European currency delimiter of comma appearing in excel spreadsheet with your other comma delimiters. Also any description / text value having a comma.
Bram
Participant

Post by Bram »

Thank you guys,

Finally i got it,

Bram