Error while trying to view the data in the OCI soure stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

madhonrougeuri
Participant

Error while trying to view the data in the OCI soure stage

Post by madhonrougeuri »

Hi,
Does anybody know about this error?
XXXXXX..ORAOCI9_8: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name
XXXXXX..ORAOCI9_8.DSLink1: DSP.Open GCI $DSP.Open error -2.
Iam getting this error when trying to view the data(using view data)in the source stage.
Thanks..
throbinson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by throbinson »

This is a very basic Oracle message. I would suggest enlisting the aid of an Oracle DBA since you appear unfamiliar with it.
The Datasource name may have been mis-defined. Can you access Oracle from outside of DataStage from the ETL Server? Try a quick tnsping of the same connection string you are using from within Datastage but from the commandline. If it is unable to ping the database, then your tnsnames.ora entry for the DNS string on the ETL Server is missing or other Oracle problem. If you can access Oracle then you have not defined Oracle connectivity to DataStage correctly.
madhonrougeuri
Participant

Post by madhonrougeuri »

Yeah,I can get the connection the service..outside DS
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

All DataStage connection(s) takes place from DataStage Server. Hence you need to check your tnsnames.ora in your DataStage Server machine.

Try to use sqlplus user/password@SID from your DataStage Server machine.
sun786
Participant

Post by sun786 »

Have you imported the meta data with out any problem using the same DNS,user name and pwd? If so as suggested, check you tns.ora file....
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Obtaining metadata may probably be misleading as you can have multiple oracle instances having same schema / metadata information.

You can check the correctness by adding few dummy tables, fields and insert dummy values, which you can then try to see from DataStage. This will confirm the connection.
madhonrougeuri
Participant

Post by madhonrougeuri »

Thanks for the help.I had not updated my *.ora file..