Unable to view properties for Job_activity in a seq

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sun786
Participant

Unable to view properties for Job_activity in a seq

Post by sun786 »

I have installed the DS 7.5 clinet recently. when i try to open the Job_activty properties, I get a busy icon and nothing happens. I have read similar question in this forum posted by sudharshan, who told that he has given permissions for the DS folder and then everything was fine.
I have also given "write in" permissions for the DS folder in Program files.
But no luck.

Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are you running on Windows XP with Service Pack 2 installed? If yes, then you should download the SP2 patch available from Ascential's eServices website and see if that solves your problem.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sun786
Participant

Post by sun786 »

Yes I am using XP service pack 2. Let me know the path to downalod the fix. Most urgent.

Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You need to have a current support contract, which gets you access to Ascential's eServices website. It is available in the Download library there.

Also recheck the post you referred to by Sudharshan. I just posted the description from the patch there so you can see if it sounds like it will fix your problem.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sun786
Participant

Post by sun786 »

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to get the patch. xp opps.....