Problem while opening job in Designer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sudharsanan
Participant

Problem while opening job in Designer

Post by sudharsanan »

Hello Gurus,

I installed Datastage 6.0 Server Edition in my machine. I imported a dsx file from production. The import was successful. I also opened the jobs in Designer, but when I try to see the Sequence or Rountine Properties my system hangs and i am not able to see the properties.
Could some one help me in resolving this problem?.. Should i have to change any settings in Server for this?.. Please help me in resolving the issue...

Thanks
Sudhar
mleroux
Participant

Post by mleroux »

Welcome to DSXchange! :D (I should be saying that to myself, for not posting anything for so long.)

Which Windows OS are you running? Which service packs are installed?

Can you view the properties when you create a new job/sequence?
Morney le Roux

There are only 10 kinds of people: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Check whether you have permission to (write in) the directory in your client where DS is installed.
sudharsanan
Participant

Post by sudharsanan »

Hi All,

I Found out the issue with this, there was only read permission given to the Datastage Folder. After changing this I was able to view the properties of all the jobs. Thank you for giving the input.

Thanks
Sudhar
giacomo72
Participant

Post by giacomo72 »

It's a ServicePack2 bug!!!!!
Ascential provide a patch in web site to fix this

Bye
sudharsanan
Participant

Post by sudharsanan »

i got full permission from my administrator after that the issue got resolved..so currently i am ok with this.. but going forward if a new user joins then he has to be given full permission tot the client folder... i don't know how my admin will accpet or not.. so it is better for me to get the Patch.. can you provide some more info on this so that i can talk with the management..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Unfortunately, the SP2 patch is for a different problem. From the description on eServices:
Description:
This patch resolves an issue with the DataStage Client when designing sequencer jobs (in particular the job, routine and user variable activity stage editors) which caused problems opening the stage editors when Service Pack 2 for Windows XP has been installed. ECASE 60128.
Now, you may still need this - but it won't solve your current problem. :(
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers