Unidata OBDC driver

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gauravb
Participant

Unidata OBDC driver

Post by gauravb »

Hi Group,
can some body point me to Unidata ODBC dirvers.

i am asking as Unidata is also supported by Ascential DataStage , can i use any existing inbuild drivers from datastage ( for my VB application).

Thanks,
Gaurav
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your assumption that UniData is supported by Ascential DataStage does not mean that an ODBC driver is supplied. DataStage supports Red Brick Warehouse, too, but does not supply an ODBC driver.

However, you will have, on your UniData client CD, an ODBC driver for UniData (called UniODBC). You can use this one with DataStage.

Why do you want to use ODBC? The UniData stage uses a more direct, "native" protocol to access data in a UniData database, which should perform better than the extra layers of software involved when using an ODBC driver.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gauravb
Participant

Post by gauravb »

Hi Ray,

I am involved in a Project where i am migrating existing data Unidata to other platform.
So for this my clients needs to review existing data.
now for that they need info like table structure, Row count of every column of every tables.
Since there are over 1500 tables and 5000-6000 column , and unidata does not use loops or SP ,
i also tried using datastage but could not find a way to access table -definitions. so i am looking for an ODBC driver , so that i can connect unidata to VB and provide info for my clients request.
Thanks,
Gaurav
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My point exactly. If they have UniData, they have the ODBC driver for it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.