UVFIXFILE 64-BIT

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Precious
Charter Member
Charter Member

UVFIXFILE 64-BIT

Post by Precious »

I have corruption of one of my RT_CONFIGs. I have tried running UVFIXFILE in Administrator and I get the following message back

[color=blue]'UVFIXFILE does not support 64 bit files'[/color]

What are the alternatives?
Precious

Mosher's Law of Software Engineering: Don't worry if it doesn't work right. If everything did, you'd be out of a job.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Nobody is going to tell you but you could probably delete this and recreate it. The VOC entry needs to the same as it is now. I think it has a shared DICT file. So unless you know a lot about Universe then this is not a good solution.

You could also copy the 2 files in the directory from another RT_CONFIG file.

Next you need to compile the job. This should rebuild this file.

You really should not have these files as 64 bit. I am not sure how you did this except in the uvconfig but I would change it back.
Mamu Kim
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Take a backup of your entire project + file system and run a 'cleanup' of the project from DataStage Admin. This does a reindex of the project objects.

Can you let us know from when you have this problem and what happed that caused this corruption
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

The problem with 'JOBPARAMINSTS' is related to the number of files it can open and specified in MFILES and T30FILES in your uvconfig file. Appearence of this error in scheduler is known and recorded in DSX itself. Search for the word JOBPARAMINSTS.

But one thing you need to take care of is that uvconfig is a file used to build the kernel (core executable) of datastage. You need to rebuild (regenerate) your DataStage kernel after changes in this. So if it was working well before and raises some error now, it may imply partial overwrite of your kernel area. I will strongly advice you to take proper backup before proceeding.

Anyhow, best of luck and do keep us updated.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Precious,

I think you are seeing just the tip of the problems; the 'blink' errors are UniVerse internal file pointer errors and are symptomatic for other problems. Take a full export immediately, just to be safe. The fastest way for you to be back and running would be to follow what Sainath said - full export and attempt a fix (I doubt that will work if you have blink errors) but most likely a project delete, recreate & repopulate.

Usually "system maintenance" doing a "kill -9" on all ds processes won't cause file corruption - was a power fail involved? (power fail can equate to someone shutting of the machine power).
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need to recompile the job to repopulate its RT_CONFIGnnn information, including the JOBPARAMINSTS record.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.