Error Calling Subroutine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anilraj8
Participant

Error Calling Subroutine

Post by anilraj8 »

I am getting an error when i compile the Job. It is giving a Message like

"Error calling subroutine: DSR_JOB (Action=5); check DataStage is set up correctly in Project DataStage
(Subroutine failed to complete succesfully (30107))"

I checked everything in DS Admin, DS Manager and DS Director but still i cant find why it is getting. Can any one help Me with this problem

thank U
RAj
amsh76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by amsh76 »

After you got compilation error, Did you click on more and see what it says ?
Anjan Roy
Participant

Re: Error Calling Subroutine

Post by Anjan Roy »

anilraj8 wrote:I am getting an error when i compile the Job. It is giving a Message like

"Error calling subroutine: DSR_JOB (Action=5); check DataStage is set up correctly in Project DataStage

I checked everything in DS Admin, DS Manager and DS Director but still i cant find why it is getting. Can any one help Me with this problem

thank U
RAj
Does it happen all the time you try compiling the job? We have seen this error coming when you have lost connection from the server. Try re-logging into designer and compiling the job.
anilraj8
Participant

Post by anilraj8 »

Anjan Roy wrote:
anilraj8 wrote:I am getting an error when i compile the Job. It is giving a Message like

thank U
RAj
Does it happen all the time you try compiling the job? We have seen this error coming when you have lost connection from the server. Try re-logging into designer and compiling the job.
I am getting all the time even i stopped all services and again restarted DS engine. I closed Designer also and restarted even though it is comming same error.
Anjan Roy
Participant

Post by Anjan Roy »

anilraj8 wrote: I am getting all the time even i stopped all services and again restarted DS engine. I closed Designer also and restarted even though it is comming same error.
Sometime the underlying hash files get corrupted. Did you try renaming the job to something else and then compile?
amsh76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by amsh76 »

Hey what does it say when you click MORE ? Can you please check
anilraj8
Participant

Post by anilraj8 »

amsh76 wrote:After you got compilation error, Did you click on more and see what it says ?
"more is not active when i close the error message. and when i click the error message ok button it is giving a message like
"(40503) a call to an OLE server has failed, or a runtime error occurred within the OLE server itself"

when i hit show error it is giving a message like
"(40908) A request for an object with a NULL ID was made"

that's what i am getting.

thank u
Raj
anilraj8
Participant

Post by anilraj8 »

Anjan Roy wrote:
anilraj8 wrote: I am getting all the time even i stopped all services and again restarted DS engine. I closed Designer also and restarted even though it is comming same error.
Sometime the underlying hash files get corrupted. Did you try renaming the job to something else and then compile?
"I tried everything even i created a newproject and i created a new job still it is giving the same message"
amsh76
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by amsh76 »

Do you have enough space in disk ?
Anjan Roy
Participant

Post by Anjan Roy »

anilraj8 wrote:more is not active when i close the error message. and when i click the error message ok button it is giving a message like
"(40503) a call to an OLE server has failed, or a runtime error occurred within the OLE server itself"

try compiling it on another client.. the OLE error tells me that it has something to with your DS client.
anilraj8
Participant

Post by anilraj8 »

amsh76 wrote:Do you have enough space in disk ?
" I have enough space"
anilraj8
Participant

Post by anilraj8 »

Anjan Roy wrote:
anilraj8 wrote:more is not active when i close the error message. and when i click the error message ok button it is giving a message like

try compiling it on another client.. the OLE error tells me that it has something to with your DS client.
" i am working on my home pc"
Anjan Roy
Participant

Post by Anjan Roy »

[quote="anilraj8" i am working on my home pc"[/quote]

I also happen to get the similar OLE error but that proved to be specific to my client.
anilraj8
Participant

Post by anilraj8 »

amsh76 wrote:Hey what does it say when you click MORE ? Can you please check
"more is not active"
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Points to check can be
1.) ping / telnet to the Server system - if different from the client
2.) reinstall the client - OLE problems freqently originate from incorrect installation or the installed product being partly overwritten by other software.
3.) check your permission (to create new file) on the client directory in your client PC as DataStage uses temporary file(s) for jobs such as sequencer.
4.) Try using / creating new projects as your project may be corrupted.