database password changed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

I don't think that's supported in DataStage, it will try to use the fields user id and password whether you fill it in or not.

If DataStage did a more general authorization you could get e.g. Oracle and DB2 to work on the local machine without passwords.

Ogmios
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
leomauer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by leomauer »

ogmios wrote:I don't think that's supported in DataStage, it will try to use the fields user id and password whether you fill it in or not.

If DataStage did a more general authorization you could get e.g. Oracle and DB2 to work on the local machine without passwords.

Ogmios
It does work with our DS installation.
It does not prompt either.
And regarding "trusted" user connection from Sainath.Srinivasan response: in test environment there is nothing wrong to execute under developer ID connecting to test database, where in production job should be executed under prod id that has the required permissions.
I do not see anything wrong with it but of course there may be other opinions.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

You can get your user name from @LOGNAME.

Can you connect from your OS to your dbms with this alone? Say for Oracle, something like 'sqlplus username@OracleSID'? If yes, then you can try to leave the password blank and substitute @LOGNAME for username and your Oracle may understand it.