Coping Datastage jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

metlsas
Participant

Coping Datastage jobs

Post by metlsas »

I'm new to Datastage. The designed some jobs in my computer( personal computer) Now I want to copy all the jobs from my computer to another computer, I dont have any network connx to that computer to share the files in the network. The only access i have is a CD writer so i can copy into a CD and dump into another computer.

So How can I copy these jobs from a folder to CD I am not worried about the tables in the database I need only this jobs whic are designed in the client m/c in the datastage.

Somebody could pls tell how to copy those files.
ds_user78
Participant

Post by ds_user78 »

Export the jobs from this Ascential Server as .dsx or .xml files. Copy to the CD. Import in the second Ascential server. You shd do this using Manager.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Export them via the DataStage Manager via the Export / DataStage Components menu item. You shouldn't need a network connection per se to move your jobs to another project, simply connect to the new project via the Manager and then Import your .dsx file.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
metlsas
Participant

Thanxs

Post by metlsas »

Thanks Guys

I think now I know how to copy !!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Export files are often fairly small. A USB floppy drive is sometimes a handy thing to own. Or, of course, a memory stick.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.