"Usage of MS Sql Server & ODBC Stages from Unix DS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tombastian
Premium Member
Premium Member

"Usage of MS Sql Server & ODBC Stages from Unix DS

Post by tombastian »

Hi All,
Since my Previous post on same subject posted on 14th Jan is not found in the forum, I posting the same again.

I have installed DS on HP Unix and could not find the MS SQL Server Related Stages (MS SQL Server Load) and SAP Related Stages (Idoc Extract PACK for SAP R/3, PACK for SAP R/3 BAPI, ABAP Extract PACK for SAP R/3, Idoc Load PACK for SAP R/3). How can I make it available in DataStage Unix. When I installed on Windows, these stages were there by default.

Also I would like to know the usage of ODBC on Unix. When we use ODBC on Windows, we connect to the databse, through the DSN created on the server. Is there anything similar in Unix. How do we make DSN in Unix and connect to the database using the ODBC stage. Can we connect to the MS SQL Server DB from DS on Unix? Pls help.

Thanks in Advance,
Tom.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

SAP Extract PACK and SAP BW Load PACK must be separately purchased. The additional charge is largely the cost of certification from SAP. The software, if you have it, is on a separate CD.

ODBC drivers for UNIX are specialized pieces of software provided by third-party vendors. The drivers that ship with DataStage come from Data Direct and are explicitly licensed for use with DataStage stage types.

You configure data source names by editing a file called .odbc.ini in the DataStage home directory. You will also need to make entries in the project's uvodbc.config file, as you would if you server were on a Windows machine.

There is a driver for Microsoft SQL Server in the set that ships with DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tombastian
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tombastian »

Hi Ray,
Thanks for the immediate reply and your valuable answer.

Thanks & Regards,
Tom
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I had replied to this earlier, just before the DSXChange server failed. :cry:

Read about the failure on the home page.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.