What for DataStage on AIX platform needs C++ runtime library

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

akrzy
Participant

What for DataStage on AIX platform needs C++ runtime library

Post by akrzy »

Hi,
I wonder, what for DataStage on AIX platform needs C++ runtime library?

Anka
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

Read the Install and Upgrade Guide document for specific AIX installation requirement and configuration settings.

You only need the C++ compiler/run time library for Enterprise Edition (Parallel jobs).
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I believe that you need the runtime library for Server in general. The compiler for PX, but I don't think you can do squat without the right runtimes. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
akrzy
Participant

Post by akrzy »

I've read documentation and I've found information that both DS Server and DS Enterprise Edition on AIX platform need C++ runtime library.
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

C++ and AIX

Post by trokosz »

You need VisualAge C++ 5.0.2.0 for DataStage 7.1.....VisualAge C++ 6.0 for 7.1r2 and 7.5A.....Note: You need C++ and all its load libs...The runtime version only will not work...

The reason as mentioned is to execute Parallel Jobs (Server Jobs do not require) but more specifically the only for Parallel Jobs that use a Transform Stage (if not Transform then you do not require) because it at compile time it creates a executable for this stage.