in monitor window status is running,Num Rows not changing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

scottr
Participant

in monitor window status is running,Num Rows not changing

Post by scottr »

Hi,
i have couple of jobs which are showing Status are running and Num Rows is not changing at all(after 1.9 mil rows processed)in the monitor window.source is flat file.

pl. help me out what's happning?

thanks..
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

You need to do a "ps -ef |grep phantom" and see if any threads are running. If they are, then you need to tell us what the jobs are doing. Okay, we know you have a source file, but where is the data going? Could you be waiting on a big commit? Could your load have failed and you're waiting on a big rollback?

If you see no threads, then your job tragically died and the status has not been updated. You need to clear the status on the job manually or recompile the job. Then you have to troubleshoot the blowup.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
scottr
Participant

Post by scottr »

Hi KC,
here is grep
$ ps -eaf | grep phantom
dsclient 22945 3608 0 11:38:53 pts/5 0:00 grep phantom
dsclient 3632 1 0 Jan 06 ? 0:48 phantom DSD.StageRun LdFactClaim_Weekly_v5_PartReload2004V3. LdFactClaim_Week

dsclient 5009 1 0 Jan 06 ? 0:51 phantom DSD.StageRun LdFactClaim_Weekly_v5_PartReload2004V3. LdFactClaim_Week

dsclient 3971 1 0 Jan 06 ? 0:48 phantom DSD.StageRun LdFactClaim_Weekly_v5_PartReload2004V3. LdFactClaim_Week

in the above o/p
"LdFactClaim_Weekly_v5_PartReload2004V3. LdFactClaim_Week"

i don't have any job with name
"LdFactClaim_Weekly_v5_PartReload2004V3"
but i do have 3 with starting "LdFactClaim_Weekxxxx" which are i stated in my post.

the flat files(3) are intended for initial load,in the previous run they didn't process completly so now i am running them agian(around 8,12,15 Mb's).
the data is going into fact table

if the jobs tragically died , what might be the reason.

also there are 5 more same jobs which are running for 2 months and i didn't see any threads for them..(they created seperate job for each model year,so these many jobs)
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

The DSD.StageRun are the active stages within a job. However, you're missing teh DSD.RUN controlling process. Your job has tragically died, leaving threads out there (notice PPID is 1). You will have to kill these threads, if they're talking to a database have the DBA kill the connections and then make sure these threads die.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle