Parallel Lookup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

FanWeik
Participant

Parallel Lookup

Post by FanWeik »

I apologize that I posted it on the server Forum.

I should rephrase my scenario. The lookup table has only 1 key. To do a lookup against that table, I need to string together 2 fields in the source file for the lookup. I am trying to avoid using the Transformer stage and see if I can concatenate the fields in the Lookup stage.

But when I tried it with Keyvalue1 : Keyvalue2, I got run time errors.

Thanks!!
Fan

Hello,

I also need to do a lookup with a 2-part key in a PX job agaist a DB2 table. I concatenated the 2 fields in the Lookup stage in the format that's mentioned (Keyvalue1 : ":" : Keyvalue2). The compile was ok but the run generated the following error.

main_program: Syntax error: Error in "lookup" operator: Error in input redirection: Error in input parameters: Error in view adapter: Error in binding: Error in field type: Expected identifier; got: "":"", line 91
Expected operator name, got: ")", line 97; text: copy

Thanks for your help!!
Fan

ray.wurlod
Participant

Group memberships:
Inner Circle

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You've moved way off topic! In general you don't use hashed files in PX, and your post indicates that you want to perform a lookup in PX.

Ideally, post the question on the PX forum.

Basically, though, you no longer create a composite key - that's purely for hashed file. Instead, you declare as many key columns as there are key columns in the probe table.

Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction.
George W. Bush
On that basis, the US is not a free nation.
Ray Wurlod
FanWeik
Participant

Post by FanWeik »

I meant to put this in the PX forum but I didn't do it right. I will move this to the PX forum.

Thanks.