How to get job name for list of hash file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arunverma
Participant

Post by arunverma »

Excellent guide !!!! , Now linesize problem resolved , only one problem i am facing , when run command to get hash file name then after 40 - 50 line it aborted , I think some memory problem , pl. help
Arun Verma
chucksmith
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chucksmith »

Take a look at my List all files and tables used by jobs in a dsx file. tool. It does what is says. Just create a dsx file with the source of all of your jobs and routines, and it produces a nice file that you can slice and dice in other tools like excel.

You can find this and my other tools on the DataStage Tools page of www.anotheritco.com.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I think some memory problem , pl. help

I do not have the means to fix bugs in the software, Arun. This you have to report to your support provider, with a reproducible case.

From memory you have 8GB of RAM in the machine. Of course, total demand for memory is also a function of what other processes are demanding memory.

I have run this query against my largest project (527 jobs) and, in quiet times, it does not abort. I know that I have many fewer jobs than you do. This site also has 8GB of RAM.

Try the query when not much else is happening. It will be a few days before things here get busy again.

Also try the query in a smaller project. You may recall that I advised your site not to have too many jobs in a single project (because of the time needed to refresh the clients primarily).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
arunverma
Participant

Post by arunverma »

Good morning Mr. Ray ,

Wish you & family very very happy new year .

Now we have analyzed all unwanted hash file and we need to clear and delete the same , I am able to see and get count hash file which is created in project director but pl advice how to get count , clear and delete hash file which is created in other directory ( user defined ) ?

Pl. help .

Regards Arun
Arun Verma
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

SETFILE to create a pointer to the hashed file. Then get count as if the hashed file were local. You can use CLEAR.FILE to clear the hashed file.
You can use DELETE.FILE to delete the VOC entry created by SETFILE but it will not remove the actual hashed file. To remove the remote hashed file use operating system command (rm -rf *hashedfilename for UNIX).
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
arunverma
Participant

Post by arunverma »

Thanks Mr. Ray ,

Now we have resolved our hash file related problem :lol: with your good
cordination .

Regards

arun
Arun Verma
arunverma
Participant

Post by arunverma »

Hi Mr. Ray ,

I have created one file say getname where i have included all select commad and running through uvsh in unix prompt .

Ex uvsh < getname > test

I am getting list of hash file name but not able to set linesize and page
size for each result i am getting header and footer . Pl. help .

Regards

arun
Arun Verma
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Just include the SET.TERM.TYPE or SETPTR command at the top of the getname file as you did when you were producing this report by hand. It becomes part of the input stream to uvsh.

You should also consider switching from uvsh to dssh. Currently they are the same, but it's possible that uvsh might "go away" one day.