Phantom Errors

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JezT
Participant

Phantom Errors

Post by JezT »

I have been getting the following warnings when running a DS Job. It involves the conversion of CHAR vakues to a COMP PIC value.

Any ideas what this warning may mean ?

Code: Select all

DataStage Job 1941 Phantom 24759
2C
4A
DataStage Phantom Finished
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

JezT,

I think you are using my code that I supplied to you a couple of days ago; I forgot to remove a PRINT statement that I had put in while checking it. I am assuming that the code is working, otherwise you would certainly have posted that.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

JezT,

I just checked the old message thread and yes, I had neglected to remove a PRINT statement.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage logs a warning whenever there is unexpected output, on the basis that, if there is unexpected output, you ought to be alerted to take a look at it.

Obviously a PRINT statement will generate output that DataStage does not expect.

The algorithm is not rocket science. If the output file from an active stage phantom process contains exactly two lines (starting, finishing), it contains expected output, and does not generate a warning.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.