Set Commit After Set Number of Rows

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Tpaulsen
Participant

Set Commit After Set Number of Rows

Post by Tpaulsen »

I'm trying to find out how to set the commit level of a job so that it commits after xxx number of rows. I've looked through the Ascentials documentation, the PeopleSoft warehouse documentation and browsed through this forum. I haven't been able to find out how to do this, although I did come across someone mentioning commit levels.

Any help is appreciated.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What stage are you using? Typically, you should be able to find a Transaction Size tab, this is used to set your commit level. Zero equals only commit at the end, any other number means after that number of rows.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Tpaulsen
Participant

Post by Tpaulsen »

We're using the PeopleSoft recommended DRS stages. After looking again, I did find a field on the Target DRS called Input General tab called Transaction Size. Is this where I can set the commit level?

Thanks for your help!
Tonda
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't have access to a 7.5 server right now, so can't check the DRS stage right now.

Be careful of the Transaction Size on the General tab, it is mostly there for backwards compatibility with older releases - at least that's the case with the OCI stages. If there is a specific Transaction Handling tab with a 'Rows per transaction' setting, then the general setting will be ignored. If all you can find is the general one, then that would be the one to set.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Tpaulsen
Participant

Post by Tpaulsen »

There is not a Transactions Size tab so I'll test using the other.

Thanks!

Tonda