Sort Stage not getting deleted

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gdean
Participant

Sort Stage not getting deleted

Post by gdean »

Hi,

I have a job in which I am using a sort stage. When I try to delete the sort stage datastage doesn't do anything. I am not even able to look at the properties of the stage. The same is the issue with the transformation stage in the same jobs. I tried exporting and importing the job. It doesn't work!!

Has anyone seen this before? I would really appreciate any ideas in this matter.

Thanks,
Gregg.
davidnemirovsky
Participant

Post by davidnemirovsky »

Try copying the job and then deleting the stage from the newly copied job. If that doesn't work try re-creating the job as it might have corrupted.
Cheers,
Dave Nemirovsky
gdean
Participant

Post by gdean »

Hi,

Thank you for your response. But the idea of copying the job and deleting the stage is not working as well.

My job design is as below:

SeqFile --->Transformer(with 7 reference inputs) --->Sort ---> SeqFile

I am not even able to see the properties of the transformer. Since the entire logic is in the transformation stage it is a little bit difficult to create the job again.

I would like to know if anybody has idea about dealing with the corupted job. It will be a great help.

Thank You,
Gregg
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Export the job to a dsx file. Then, delete the job. Then, import the job. See if that fixes it.

Make sure you're not even close to running out of disk space on the project file system. Baaaad things happen.

If this still doesn't fix your problem, I know it sounds cheezy, reboot your PC. You could be suffering from a GUI related issue where sometimes LARGE transformer stages cannot be opened because of some weird state of your PC. I notice you're listed as on DS 6, so you're probably going to have to deal with a buggy GUI from DS 5 and 6.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
changming
Participant

copy the stage and paste on a new job

Post by changming »

i met the problem, just opy and paste all the stage into a new job