Job aggregator aborted.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sainath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job aggregator aborted.

Post by sainath »

hi

when ever i run server jobs i will get warning message that job is aborted.actually what is it?how can i solve this problem.

sai
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

The Aggregator stage, as you'll discover by searching this Forum, is notorious for not coping with large (or even medium) volumes of unsorted data.

Workarounds are:
  • pre-sort the data to be aggregated (for example using ORDER BY when selecting from a database) - but avoid the Sort stage for this task for it, too, has memory problems

avoid the Aggregator: use an intermediate database stage instead (a UV stage will do); insert the raw rows and then select from the other side using regular SQL syntax (GROUP BY and aggregate functions)
It is possible to tune the memory demands for the Aggregator stage, but this is not really a topic for beginners. Try one of the above, more robust, techniques instead.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.