The connection is Broken (81002)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Post by rajeev_prabhuat »

Hi,

I wan connecte to Manager for a while and i left it as is and i was working on Datastage Designer after some time say 15 mts i treid to open the Manager then i got an error saying that

Code: Select all

Error Calling Subroutine: Datastage.DSR.ADMIN(Action = 3);Check up the Datastage is setup correctly in the Project ODH.
Can anyone tell me what is the problem related to.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu[/img]
ogmios
Participant

Re: The connection is Broken (81002)

Post by ogmios »

You got kicked out: either an administrator kicked you out, the timeout setting of the project is very small or you have firewall problems.
81002 UVRPC_NO_CONNECTION Connection is down. When you see this error, you must quit and reopen the session.
Ogmios
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Another possibility is that someone killed your agent process (dsapi_slave or dsapi_server) on the host machine, possibly thinking it was a defunct process because it was doing nothing. Alter them to the fact that this is not a good plan.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Post by rajeev_prabhuat »

Hi Ray,

In the adminstrator settings i have not set any value of Inactivity Timeout for seconds, and i have checked the checkbox for Do Not timeout. This imply's that it should not timeout at anytime, am i correct or this is the reverse way. Please clarify my doubt.

Regarding the Firewall, does it check if the connection is idel it will disconnect after this much time or something, or is it set by the administrator of the system.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
ogmios wrote:You got kicked out: either an administrator kicked you out, the timeout setting of the project is very small or you have firewall problems.
81002 UVRPC_NO_CONNECTION Connection is down. When you see this error, you must quit and reopen the session.
Ogmios
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

For the possible firewall issue. At one time we had 2 kind of developers, those inside of a firewall (together with the DataStage server) and those outside of the firewall.

Those inside the firewall could work normally, those outside the firewall were kicked out on a regular basis: the datastage port was opened on the firewall to allow access.

In the end what was happening is that there's another 'keep alive' connection going from DataStage Server to DataStage client that is not using the regular "RPC" port. And when this can't get through the firewall after a time the connection is broken.

I don't know the exact solution anymore, and the Ascential customer care website is "acting up" again.

Are you outside of the firewall your DataStage server is in?

Ogmios
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.