81011 error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bram
Participant

81011 error

Post by Bram »

Hi every one,

I am getting an error when i try to login to datastage. This login info is same as other developer login info. He could able to login but iam not.

The error is
Failed to connect to host:XXX, Project: UV,
The host name specified is not valid,or the host is not running (81011).

Appreciate your help,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is a generic error code; the text accompanying it seems to say it all.

It's probably the case that your PC can not resolve the DataStage server machine's IP address from the host name, but the other developer's PC can.

Try using the IP address rather than the host name.

If that doesn't work, try to establish whether there is any path that needs to be opened for your network segment to see that of the DataStage server (a router or bridge, for example).

Get to a DOS prompt (cmd) and try to ping the DataStage server machine using the host name. Try using tracert to determine whether there is any path at all to that machine.

Do the same things on the other developer's machine; try to discern any differences.

If you can connect using the IP address but not the host name, then your PC is unable to resolve the IP address from the name. Contact your network administrator for help here; the solution depends on what method of name resolution is in use at your site.

Hope this helps.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Bram
Participant

Post by Bram »

Thanks Ray