IPC

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sonia jacob
Participant

IPC

Post by sonia jacob »

Hi all,

I have a job that is designed as follows

Code: Select all

Merge Stage--->XFM--->Seq File1.1----
                                     |
                                     |
                                     |---Link Coll--> XFM -----> O/P file
                                     |
 ODBC Stage--->XFM--->Seq File2.1----
Still works well.

I though I could replace Seq File1.1 and Seq File2.1 with IPC stage. But when I did that the link with Seq File2.1 finished but the link with Seq File1.1 aborted giving an error for the merge stage "Error occurred while deleting temporary file".

Which is this temporary file that its referring to? Why such error does not happen when i write it into a sequential file?

thanks
Regards
Sonia Jacob
chucksmith
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chucksmith »

Do the two sequential files have the same number of rows. If not, I think this is a problem for the collector prior to version 7.5.
sonia jacob
Participant

Post by sonia jacob »

chucksmith wrote:Do the two sequential files have the same number of rows. If not, I think this is a problem for the collector prior to version 7.5.
As of now, both the sequential files have different number of rows. But why do you think there would be a problem if there are same no. of rows in both the sequential files?

The link collector is working fine with the sequential files!! :?

thanks
Regards
Sonia Jacob
chucksmith
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chucksmith »

At release 6 and perhaps early 7, the collector performed blocking reads. If an input link stopped supplying rows, or was delayed until the timeout was reached, then everything hangs.

If your number of rows is relatively close, I have been able to make this work, too.

Which version of 7 are you using?
sonia jacob
Participant

Post by sonia jacob »

chucksmith wrote:At release 6 and perhaps early 7, the collector performed blocking reads. If an input link stopped supplying rows, or was delayed until the timeout was reached, then everything hangs.

If your number of rows is relatively close, I have been able to make this work, too.

Which version of 7 are you using?
I know that I am using 7.0. But were you hoping to get more info?
Regards
Sonia Jacob
sonia jacob
Participant

Post by sonia jacob »

I turned the Inter Process buffering "on" for this job and took out the IPC stages that I had between the transformer stages and the link collector. I connected the transformers directly to the Link Collector and ran the job.

It worked :)
Regards
Sonia Jacob