Dsjob Status Code: 39204

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Dsjob Status Code: 39204

Post by PilotBaha »

I have been trying to run the DSJob command with "dsjob -lprojects". When I first log on to the server I am able to get the results as the list of projects. Then I run the dsjob -ljobs <projectname> and that gives me the Status Code of 39204.

The weird thing is, when I type "dsjob -lprojects" now I get the same error with the same status code even though I was able to run it two commands back.

I checked for the correct path being there and that has been ruled out as an error.

Thanks...
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

Ok, how weird is this, I am replying to my own post :lol:

Turns out that just putting -dsjob -lprojects is not enough. (Even tough the Server Job Developer's Guide pg.19-132 says so). Despite the fact that I am logged in the server and I am trying to execute this on the server, I would still need to supply my username and password to be able to run this thing successfuly.

Go figure.. ! :roll:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This has got to be a recent change.
I'm running 7.1r1 on AIX, and dsjob -lprojects alone was fine. Followed that with dsjob -ljobs projectname and that with dsjob -lprojects again. Everything was OK, with status = 0.

Perhaps there's something you missed out in your environment? I have execution of $DSHOME/dsenv in my .profile file, so maybe that's the difference?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Error code 39204, you can ascertain from the InterCall Developer's Guide, decodes as "slave failed to start correctly".
Looks like a (temporary?) process allocation problem.

Search the forum for other instances of 39204 and "slave".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

Ray,
I did find only one instance of 39204 in the forum search and that didn't give me any answers. Since the solution everything has been working like a charm.

I am on WinTel environment. So your case of .profile doesn't apply to me.

BTW, like your quote about GWB :)