SAP R/3 BAPI Parameter question

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArndW
Participant

SAP R/3 BAPI Parameter question

Post by ArndW »

I have a set of jobs that need to extract and load data from/to various SAP machines and instances. I have found a way to get SAP Client Number, User Name and Password into Parameters, but have not found any way at all to get the "System Name" to accept a Parameter value, in the Plug-in this field cannot be manually entered. Has anyone come up against this problem before and found a solution?

I am going to have to go to 6 different systems, and with about 12 jobs that would mean having to create 72 different jobs in total, and if I make one rule change I'll have to manually modify all of these making it a bit of a maintenance nightmare.

BTW, the BAPI plugin screen input for the instance is numeric 3 digits limited, but you can use the Ctrl-V paste function to put in #A# and use the "A" as a parameter. Kind of kludgy, but it will work.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

Arnd,
you cannot manualy enter this field but when you click on "Select" button under the DataStage Connections to SAP - Name you get a second window.
When you click on "New" Connection you can parameterize the "Connection Name" section. You can enter the parameter value here.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Thanks - I wouldn't have come up with that. I'll give it a try tomorrow and save myself lots of work - I duplicated the jobs today and (of course) had my first rule modification right after I had finished copying.