Job Aborts while OCI stage is used as Lookup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

OAC
Participant

Job Aborts while OCI stage is used as Lookup

Post by OAC »

One of our Server job uses OCI as a look up and while executing the job in Development Environment it is working fine. Whereas in QA Environment, it is not working fine and we are receiving following error "Table Name is a required link property for Link DSLink5". I don't know why it is?Please let us know how to resolve this. :?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome Aboard! :D

I'm assuming that you are using Custom SQL in your OCI lookup, not sure how else this particular error is generated. It is complaining about the fact that the Table Name field has not been filled in, which can happen with custom sql. Even though it isn't used for those queries, the OCI stage really wants something there. :?

Easiest way to fix it is to right-click on the OCI stage in question and select 'Grid Style', which is the old way of working with the stage. On your Outputs tab under Properties you'll see a Table Name field - put anything there, the actual table used in the query, or I generally use DUAL to enforce the fact to others that it isn't being used. Click OK and you should be good to go.

It's a little puzzling as to why this would work in one environment and not the other, but check that out and let us know if it helps or not.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
OAC
Participant

Post by OAC »

Hi,

It works fine now :D . Really i don't understand why it happens :? ? Project is protected in the environment where it gave problem. Is this is the problem?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OAC wrote:Project is protected in the environment where it gave problem. Is this is the problem?
Shouldn't be. :? However, I haven't done all that much with Protected Projects, preferring to use Version Control and have everything in the non-development areas be Read Only.

Out of curiousity, it works now because you followed my advice or did it just start working fine on its own? What fixed it for you? Validated solutions are a great resource here for people with the same issue searching the forums...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
OAC
Participant

Post by OAC »

I think it is because of your solution. Thanks.