universe table / hash file for the final status of job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sonia jacob
Participant

universe table / hash file for the final status of job

Post by sonia jacob »

Hi,

I would like to know the universe table/hash file and its definition that would give me the final status of the job, the same info that the DSGetJobInfo would give me for the following Info types; DSJ.JOBSTATUS, DSJ.JOBSTARTTIMESTAMP, DSJ.JOBLASTTIMESTAMP.
Is it RT_STATUSnn? :?

thanks
Regards
Sonia Jacob
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
when you'll know this what do you want to do with this info?
what will happen when a new version comes out and this info is no longer correct?
DSGetJobInfo will be maintained for you but not your own custom design.

if you insist you can always put a trace and hack it thru but I'm not all for this aproach.

so post your need/what you want to acomplish and hopefully some of us might have something for you.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
sonia jacob
Participant

Post by sonia jacob »

roy wrote:Hi,
when you'll know this what do you want to do with this info?
what will happen when a new version comes out and this info is no longer correct?
DSGetJobInfo will be maintained for you but not your own custom design.

if you insist you can always put a trace and hack it thru but I'm not all for this aproach.

so post your need/what you want to acomplish and hopefully some of us might have something for you.

IHTH,
I had written a routine (thanks to kim) to read the RT_LOGnn file to get the LOG details on the latest run. I use this info to create a LOG file of a different format with the just the warnings and the fatal errors.

So to improvise on this routine / the log file created, I though I could give something like a header / summary info for the job. Just a a single line, with the status of the job, start time, endtime and no. of read, loaded and rejected.

DSMakeJobReport does it, but then I would need to create this file, read the file created by this routine, then put the data into my LOG file and then delete the report file. :(

thanks
Regards
Sonia Jacob
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It IS RT_STATUSnn, but you need to be aware that you also have to consider that there are three different record types in this hashed file, and that you also have to select the correct wave number.

It's not as easy as it first appears.

Also, chances are that it will change markedly in the next (major) release, if the rumours turn out to be correct.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Ray is correct to get it out of this file is not a good idea especially if the job has multiple instances. Just download EtlStats.zip. Much easier.
Mamu Kim