Memory leak & nchar nvarchar issues

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

johndeere
Participant

Memory leak & nchar nvarchar issues

Post by johndeere »

I am new to Data Stage and we just upgraded to 7.5 We have a very simple job that read from SQL2000 and writes to SQL 2000. The job has approx 400,000 rows. IF we run the job we can watch (via task manager) and seel all the memory on the server used. When this happens the job aborts. I can run the same job using the bulk load stage and it does not consume all the memory.

We have also noticed the sql wire driver will not write nchar or nvarchar columns correctly. Support has documented this as an error in the odbc driver but they have no fix yet.

Any ideas on how read or write nchar/nvarchar. Any help on the memory issue woulb e appreciated as well.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
is there any reason why not to use the bulk load which is working?
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
mcrouch
Participant

Re: Memory leak & nchar nvarchar issues

Post by mcrouch »

We are having the SAME problem with this ODBC driver. We are finding memory leaks also.
johndeere wrote:I am new to Data Stage and we just upgraded to 7.5 We have a very simple job that read from SQL2000 and writes to SQL 2000. The job has approx 400,000 rows. IF we run the job we can watch (via task manager) and seel all the memory on the server used. When this happens the job aborts. I can run the same job using the bulk load stage and it does not consume all the memory.

We have also noticed the sql wire driver will not write nchar or nvarchar columns correctly. Support has documented this as an error in the odbc driver but they have no fix yet.

Any ideas on how read or write nchar/nvarchar. Any help on the memory issue woulb e appreciated as well.