how to compile jobs thru unix commands and which one to use.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsxdev
Participant

how to compile jobs thru unix commands and which one to use.

Post by dsxdev »

Are there any unix commands to compile Ds jobs. If so can some please tell.

somthing like dscompile.... etc
Happy DataStaging
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No. You can write a routine to compile jobs but there's no command line option.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Even the routine requires knowledge about the internal architecture of DataStage that is not in the public domain.

The safer answer is a plain NO.

There are some job compilation utilities available, including the multi-job compile that now ships with DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsxdev
Participant

Post by dsxdev »

My requirement is to compile a job which is in aborted state and not all.
This work I want to do daily.
Like it is a job which would compile all aborted jobs.

Any routines already available/or macros in DS would be agreat help
Happy DataStaging
battaliou
Participant

Post by battaliou »

Osh code is generated by the client, ie Designer, so no unix commands can help you to compile here. Remember you should use "force compile" to ensure the entire job is compiled.

Why is your "reset job" not working? Simply generating the same osh should have no benefit for you. I would urge you to revisit the job sequencer options.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

dsxdev wrote:My requirement is to compile a job which is in aborted state and not all.
As already noted, what you want to do is reset aborted jobs, not recompile them. Whatever you are using for Job Control should be able to handle that automatically. For example, Sequencer jobs can be set to 'Reset Then Run' or hand code can do something similar.

You could even accomplish this from a command line script by using the output of the dsjob command. The "-jobinfo" option will get you the current status and if the job is aborted you can use the "-run -mode RESET" option to get it reset.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Multiple Job Compile tool allows you to be selective about which jobs to compile. For example, you can select only uncompiled jobs.

While it's not clear directly how to select aborted jobs in this tool, I think it's worth investigating.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.