How to view a hash file from Unix console?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinodlakshmanan
Participant

How to view a hash file from Unix console?

Post by vinodlakshmanan »

I have created a hash file in a server job. The hash file has the name Vinodh1. Suppose I have created it in the directory /apps/dsadm/Vinod. When I got to the above directory, I see another directory with the name Vinodh1. It contains 2 files: OVER.30 and DATA.30. I want to view this file from the console. Is it possible using uv and/or uvsh ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, unless /apps/dsadm/Vinod is the pathname of a project directory, and even then you can not without SETFILE.

Because the hashed file was not created in an account (project), there is no entry for it in the vocabulary of DataStage (a special hashed file called VOC).

You can create an entry in the vocabulary using a command called SETFILE, executed within the dssh environment. Search the Forum for full details on using this command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.