Merging Multiple Hash Files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsrules
Premium Member
Premium Member

Merging Multiple Hash Files

Post by dsrules »

Hi,
Iam trying to merge 6 hash files of same meta data. I used Link collector, but I see some blank values in the hash file. How can I do it, or what should I do to fix the present job. Thanks!!!!!!!
mack
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

If I had to guess, and that's all I really do on this site, I would say the metadata on at least one of your hash files is wrong. Try a view data on each hash file input stage to make sure they are all defined correctly. If that looks okay create three versions of your job with 2 hash files in each. Run them and view the results and see whether certain pairs of hash files are working.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Dump each copy of hash file to a text file HASH --> SEQ and look at the file contents.

You need to look at the jobs that write the hash files, that metadata is the metadata of record. As Vincent guesses (and his guesses are better than some peoples facts) your metadata is bound to be wrong in one of the jobs.

Oh, by the way, once you have all of that hash file data in text files, a simple "copy file1+file2+file3+file4+file5+file6 bigfile" will merge them all. :wink:
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
changming
Participant

use cat command

Post by changming »

use cat command to concatenate the file then read. simple?
dsrules
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsrules »

I am not on Unix :) .The meta data on all the hash files had been saved in a separate folder, except for the difference in column names, can that be the case??? the meta data column types, length and number of columns is same for all hash files. Thanks!!!
dsrules
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsrules »

Fixed it!!!!. The problem was it was using a older hash file which I had created with just 1 column. Thanks to all.!!!!!!!!!!!!