ds_loadlibrary: error in dlopen - Dynamic Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Post by rajeev_prabhuat »

Hi,

We have developed some jobs in oracle 9i, but later on we developed the jobs in deelopment server which had 8i. When we run the same job in this machine we are getting the error as follows:

ORACLE8_LOAD_ACCOUNT..Sequential_File_4.IDENT1: DSD.StageRun Active stage starting, tracemode = 0.

ORACLE8_LOAD_ACCOUNT..Sequential_File_4.IDENT1: C Stage PlugIn function "Get" required

ORACLE8_LOAD_ACCOUNT..Sequential_File_4.IDENT1: |-100|

Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage ORACLE8_LOAD_ACCOUNT..Sequential_File_4.IDENT1

DataStage Job 34 Phantom 11590
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: libclntsh.sl.9.0
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
Job Aborted after Fatal Error logged.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage ORACLE8_LOAD_ACCOUNT..Sequential_File_4.IDENT1
DataStage Phantom Aborting with @ABORT.CODE = 1

Job ORACLE8_LOAD_ACCOUNT aborted.

Give me some help in this.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So, your 'OS' is really UNIX with error messages like that, yes? :? Also, what Oracle stages are you using in your jobs?

Your dsenv file is not properly setup to match your environment. It's telling you it can't find the 9i Oracle client libraries. Double-check how your Oracle Environment variables are defined in dsenv (especially the SHARED LIBRARY PATH) and correct them to match this server. Stop and restart DataStage and you should be ok after that.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Also make sure that the Oracle 32-bit libraries are mentioned ahead of the Oracle 64-bit libraries.
It also helps to set

Code: Select all

ORACLE_LIB=$ORACLE_HOME/lib32 
in dsenv.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Post by rajeev_prabhuat »

Hi Ray,

Yes my development envioronment has been setup in Unix platform, and i am using Oracle 9i stage.

Where do we find the dsevnorinment variables in ds.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
chulett wrote:So, your 'OS' is really UNIX with error messages like that, yes? :? Also, what Oracle stages are you using in your jobs?

Your dsenv file is not properly setup to match your environment. It's telling you it can't find the 9i Oracle client libraries. Double-check how your Oracle Environment variables are defined in dsenv (especially the SHARED LIBRARY PATH) and correct them to match this server. Stop and restart DataStage and you should be ok after that.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There are configuration guides for all of the plugins that detail what you need to do to make them work, other than installing them. Look in your 'Docs' folder where you installed your client software for the appropriate pdfs. For example, InstConf.pdf for general information or Oraoci9.pdf for the Oracle OCI9 stage specifically.

Your dsenv file is in your 'DS HOME', which you should be able to get to by typing:

Code: Select all

cd `cat /.dshome`
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers