Splitting a link in two

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Splitting a link in two

Post by PhilHibbs »

In the Windows client (AIX server), I have a link (from a Transformer to a SAP IDOC load) that I want to insert a Aransformer or an Aggregator in the middle of. If I disconnect the beginning of the link, I lose the mappings in the transformer. If I disconnect the end of the link, I lose the segment and field selection in the IDOC.

How do I insert a stage in the middle of a link, without losing the information from one of the stages that the link connects?

I have found a slightly messy way to do this. If I Copy and Paste one of the stages, it copies the links with it; I can then delete the new stage and re-attach the new links to the stage that I have disconnected the original links from. There is then a bit of tidying up to do (for instance, removing the derivations that came with the new link if the copied stage was the origination Transformer).

Hopefully the next version will support dropping a stage onto a link, and automatically (maybe with a prompt) splitting the original link into two. Suggestions thread here I come!
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant
l_homme_de_rio
Participant

Post by l_homme_de_rio »

Hi,
Really simple since the version 7 use copy and paste !
All the best