DB2 Bulk Loader Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ewartpm
Participant

DB2 Bulk Loader Stage

Post by ewartpm »

Loading a flatfile with fixed width columns. We have to use the Bulk Loader Stage, since the normal DB2 stage only loads at 80 rows per second. The Bulk Loader stage reaches up to 800 rows per second.

The problem is that the job will load all the records in the DB2 table, but will not Finish. The job will keep on "Running" although there is no more records loaded to the DB2 Database table.

Hows does one monitor the load process via DataStage e.g test DBMS return codes (link variables)?

:D Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

If I were to transfer my Oracle knowledge across to DB2 (which I know far less about) I would guess the bulk load process rebuilds the keys on the table after the bulk load. Bulk loads work fastest by disabling keys, ramming the inserts in and then enabling the keys. This key rebuild can take over an hour for a large table.

A DB2 admin type person who can monitor the database activity at the conclusion of your job could tell you for sure what is going on.
ewartpm
Participant

Post by ewartpm »

:D Thanks Vincent, I'll get the DB2 monitoring going.