DataStage Project not accessible any more

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yiminghu
Participant

DataStage Project not accessible any more

Post by yiminghu »

Hi,

I had a very strange problem. We had a project created on production box, today, we want to do add some changes. But we could not access this project any more.

The message stated sth. like 'The directory is not a valid uv account or the directory does not exist'. But when we tried to create this project using the same name, we were told 'The uv account exists already'.

Any clue about that? Does that my project is corrupted? What should I do? Is there anything I could do to prevent this thing happening?

Carol
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Did you move the project or change its underlying path in anyway? Internally, a project is registered with an explicit path. If you physically move the project or change its path in any way, then the internal table is not in sync with reality. If you use DS.TOOLS, you can see the licensing information and the project path. Verify that against its current location and check back with us.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Enter dssh in the $DSHOME directory. Then

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM UV.ACCOUNT;
This will report where the DataStage Engine believes your DataStage projects to be. If this is incorrect, update the PATH column in this table.

But that's not all you have to do. Next

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM UV_SCHEMA;
This will report where the DataStage Engine believes your DataStage schema to be (should be the same location). If this is incorrect you will need to use a utility called VERIFY.SQL to effect repairs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.