Problem in executing DS_IMPORTDSX command

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

subhashinijeyaraman
Participant

Problem in executing DS_IMPORTDSX command

Post by subhashinijeyaraman »

Hi All

I tried to execute DS_IMPORTDSX command but it is giving error as below

Verb "DS_IMPORTDSX" is not in your VOC.

Before executing this command i just went to the project directory and
to get the prompt for dssh ..\..\DSEngine\bin\dssh

$ dssh
This directory is not set up for DataStage.
Would you like to set it up (Y/N)?
I gave Y
and then it asked for the option

0. Ideal compatibility
1. IN2 compatibility
2. Prime Information compatibility
3. PICK compatibility
4. PI/open compatibility
5. Microdata Reality compatibility

I gave 0. After that i have executed the DS_IMPORTDSX command along with the filename and jobname. But it is showing the above error Can anyone please explain me about this?

Thanks in advance

subhashini jeyaraman
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You ought never have answered Y to the first question. What has happened as a result is that you have created an account that is not a project. If this question comes up it is highly likely that you are not in a project directory.

The vital step that you missed is that you had to be attached to a project directory before issuing the dssh command. You said that you were, but the behaviour of dssh suggests that you weren't.

To clean up the account that you created (not if it's a project directory!), return to the directory where you were and remove the following files:
  • D_&SAVEDLISTS&
    D_VOC
    D_VOCLIB
    VOC
    VOCLIB
Also remove the directory &SAVEDLISTS&.

You could search for rogue accounts with the find command - search for VOC.

Code: Select all

find / -name VOC -print
Next time you cd to a project directory, check for the existence of VOC and DS_JOBS. If they are both present, you are almost certainly attached to a project directory.

The only other possibility is that the VOC file is corrupted, for which the only easy cure is to delete the project and re-create it. You could try exporting from if first, which may or may not work. However, you can restore from an earlier export. Having deleted the project you may prefer to restore from a system backup, but there is no guarantee that you haven't backed up corrupt files. :cry:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.