Error selecting from log file RT_LOG3

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anilkona
Participant

Post by anilkona »

I am getting following error when trying to run a job. Any ideas how to go around it.
Appreciate your help.

Command was: SSELECT RT_LOG3 WITH @ID LIKE '1N0N' COUNT.SUP
Error was: Unable to create temporary work file, aborting.[ENOSPC] No space left on device

Thanks,
-Anil
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

Check your file system whether you have enough space left.

Thanks
Regards
Siva

Listening to the Learned

"The most precious wealth is the wealth acquired by the ear Indeed, of all wealth that wealth is the crown." - Thirukural By Thiruvalluvar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The "device" here is the disk, in particular the disk on which the folder referred to in your UVTEMP configuration parameter exists.

By default, on Windows, this is the DataStage Engine folder, the only directory that the installation process can be sure exists.

If you want to change UVTEMP, edit the uvconfig file, stop DataStage services, regenerate the memory image (using uvregen), then start DataStage services.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
anilkona
Participant

Post by anilkona »

Ray,

Thanks a lot for your reply. How do you regenerate the memory image using uvregen? I dont find any usage details in the administrator guide.

Thanks in advance for your help.
-Anil
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Be logged in with Administrator access.
Shut down DataStage services.
In a DOS shell (cmd) cd to the DataStage Engine directory.
Execute the command bin\uvregen
Start DataStage services.
In the DOS shell, verify that the change has taken hold using the command analyze.shm -t (check the line containing UVTEMP in the output).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.