MQ Message Errors

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSmamta
Participant

MQ Message Errors

Post by DSmamta »

Hello All:

I am getting errors in the Director. Can anyone explain what the following error's mean:

ERROR 1:
Parse_2_1a..Row_Splitter_158: read_delimited() - row 83, line 3, too many columns in record

ERROR 2:
Program "DSU.RoutineName": Line 18, Variable "InData" previously undefined. Empty string used.

In Error 2 "DSU.RoutineName" is a Routine name that I am calling in the transformer. DSU.RoutineName is a routine written to seperate the data in the message reading the delimiter "|".

WHAT I AM DOING

Using MQ Plugin.

From MQ Message Queue I am seperating the Header and Data using transformer. I am parsing the data into a variable in a sequential file. This data file I am dumping in a 2nd. transformer. Running the routine here. Then I am splitting the row using row splitter and dumping the columns created to a 3rd. transformer and then into the columns of the target Sequential file.

Thanks,
MJ
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Error 1 is a metadata mismatch; there are more columns in the row than are specified in your column definitions; or perhaps an unaccounted-for delimiter character.

Error 2 is caused by there being a path through your Routine code that does not assign a value to the variable named InData before attempting to use that variable as an rvalue in an expression. Variable names not only must be correctly spelled, they also are case sensitive.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSmamta
Participant

Post by DSmamta »

Thanks Ray:

Went and added the other columns and now I do not get the 1st. error. As per the second error just called the routine and remapped the Indata and now its working fine.

Appreciate all your guidance. :D

MJ