Job Sequences and String Parameter

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

justlrng
Participant

Job Sequences and String Parameter

Post by justlrng »

Hi,

I've created a set of jobs which require a date and time parameter. In the job, I've created a string parameter "extract_start_dt". In the job, if I set this parameter to "2004-10-01 00:00:01.000", the job will run okay. I've also generated a sequence to run all these jobs again using the "extract_start_dt" string parameter.

The problem is, the sequence gives me this error

DW03100sCertStaff..JobControl (@DW03103jCreatewrkTables): Controller problem: Error calling DSSetParam(extract_end_dt), code=-4
[ParamValue/Limitvalue is not appropriate]

when I try to run the sequence. As long as the parameter contains only the date, it will run but at soon as I try to put the time on it, it aborts. If I hardcode the date and time string in the job activity stage list of parameters, then again, it will run fine.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are you sure the parameter is defined as a string everywhere it is used? That error should only happen when the parameter type is set to a Date. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
justlrng
Participant

Post by justlrng »

:oops:

I'm so embarrassed. I double checked and you are so right. I had one job from another category I was using not set to string.
:oops:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No problem. :lol: It's not like I've ever done that or anything...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers