How to convert sequential file to XML format

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arun_im4u
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to convert sequential file to XML format

Post by arun_im4u »

Hi,

Is it possible to convert a sequential file into xml format inside datastage. I have this problem where I get a file in xml format i decrypt it in UNIX and then convert it into sequential file and use for my transformations. Is there an option of encrypting the results file back into xml file in Datastage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Job design is

Code: Select all

SeqFile  ----->  Transformer  ----->  XML Output
You can omit the Transformer stage if there is no transformation to be done. I prefer to leave it in there even if it's doing nothing, since it gives an active stage to monitor.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
peternolan9
Participant

Re: How to convert sequential file to XML format

Post by peternolan9 »

Hi Arun_im4u,

check this out..
viewtopic.php?t=88832&highlight=
arun_im4u wrote:Hi,

Is it possible to convert a sequential file into xml format inside datastage. I have this problem where I get a file in xml format i decrypt it in UNIX and then convert it into sequential file and use for my transformations. Is there an option of encrypting the results file back into xml file in Datastage.
Best Regards
Peter Nolan
www.peternolan.com