JOb Sequencer Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fugifura
Participant

JOb Sequencer Error

Post by fugifura »

Hi All,

I'm using a very simple job sequence wherein 5 jobs where used. I'm getting an error in the 4th job in the sequence. Is there a way to specify so that once I fix the issue, I can restart the job from the 4th job. Meaning: Is there a way to restart the job from where it stopped instead of starting it all over again, once the error has been fixed?

Thanks,
Vicky
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome! :D

Which version of 7.x do you have? From (I believe) 7.1 forward, there is an option on the Job Properties tab of Sequencers to add restart checkpoints. It will give you the ability to do what you want 'automagically' without all the goofy coding needed in earlier versions. :wink: Make sure you read the documentation for that feature so that you understand how it works and under what circumstances it doesn't work.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dsxdev
Participant

Post by dsxdev »

Hi
DataStage 7.1 forward you have Break points avalable in job sequencers. which will do exactly what you need.

if you are working on earlier versions then you have to handle the situation explicitly by coding it.
Happy DataStaging
fugifura
Participant

Post by fugifura »

Hi All,

Thank you all for your helpful and timely replies. But the thing is that I'm trying to run this job on DataStage 6.x. Does someone have a suggestion for me as to how to go thru' the thing?

Thanks in Advance,
Vicky.
chucksmith
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chucksmith »

At version 6, you have two options:

1) copy the sequencer and delete the first three JobActivity stages

2) Recode the sequencer

2.1) Add a job parameter, StartingJobNum, (integer) that is your starting job number (1,2,3,...).

2.1) Placing a Sequencer stage between each JobActivity stage, and before the first JobActivity stage. Set their mode to Any.

2.2) Next, add a NestedCondition stage to each Sequencer stage. Each Sequencer stage now has and input from its NestedCondition stage and from the preceding JobActivity stage. Of course, the first Sequencer only has a NestedCondition input.

2.3) In the first NestedCondition stage, set the condition to

Code: Select all

StartingJobNum = 1
. In the second NestedCondition stage, set the condition to

StartingJobNum = 2
. In the third NestedCondition stage, set the condition to

StartingJobNum = 3
. Repeat this series until you run out of sequencer stages.

2.4) Now run the job sequencer setting the value of the StartingJobNum parameter to 4.
fugifura
Participant

Post by fugifura »

Thanks to one and all who have taken efforts to answer my question and i'm sure i have got enough information on this from you all.

Thanks to all once again,
Vicky.
sivap
Participant

Pls check this Error

Post by sivap »

Hi I am getting this Error while running a server Job

Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage BGTOUT1..Transformer_1

Job design : one ORACLE OCI stage as source stage and ODBC stage as reference INPUT , one TRANFORMER Stage and Target stage as Oracle.

In Transformer I am multiplying two fields. Up to 726 Records it is running fine, but at 727 record Job getting aborted and I am getting above Error.
Pls help me.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

Can you please post this as a new topic? It's not related to job sequences. Posting as a reply to this thread makes it difficult for future searches. We'll answer it as soon as the new topic appears.

You might also profitably use the comprehensive Search capability of the forum (find Search on the menu bar at the top of your screen). Search for some of the words in your error message. It HAS been seen before.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.