unlocking jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Mat01
Premium Member
Premium Member

unlocking jobs

Post by Mat01 »

Hi All,

I have a problem with the unlock command in Administrator. I am issuing the command:

Code: Select all

LIST.READU

to get the Inode of the process I want to clear. But when I do:

UNLOCK INODE #node_number# ALL
I get the message: "UNLOCK" is not in you VOC file.
I remember that I need to copy something to my VOC file to make it work but I can't recall the exact command. Any idea?

Thanks

Mat
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are you logging in with the administrator user - typically 'dsadm'?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Mat01
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mat01 »

Yes I am logged in as dsadm. I know when I did this previuosly that I had to type something like COPY SOMETHING TO VOC FILE but I can't remember what...

Thanks
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

The UNLOCK verb only exists in the UV account. You can copy it by creating a Q-pointer to the VOC in the UV account or you can LOGTO UV.
Mamu Kim
Mat01
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mat01 »

I receive the message: "This command is not supported" when I type LOGTO UV. Maybe v7.5 does not support it anymore...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can not use LOGTO from the Administrator client. It is one of a select number of commands (HELP is another) that are explicitly blocked.

If you type DS.TOOLS (which brings up a badly-formatted menu) then respond with 5 (which brings up an equally badly-formatted menu), then respond with a zero-length string twice (to exit from the menus), the UNLOCK command should have been installed in your VOC file.

Or you can execute specific commands

SET-FILE UV VOC UV.VOC
COPYI FROM UV.VOC TO VOC 'UNLOCK'
Otherwise you will need to establish a telnet session to the server machine, and get into the "UniVerse" environment there.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Mat01
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mat01 »

Thanks all!

Mat
vsi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vsi »

I tried once to unlock a job and it worked fine. But the second time i am not able to go in with the same commands. What i did was

1. Logged in as dsadm
2. went to DataStage home directory.
3. Entered ". ./dsenv"
4. Entered "bin/uvsh".
5. TCL prompt came
6. Entered "LIST.READU EVERY" at TCL
7. Entered DS.TOOLS

All worked well the first time, but second time i am failing with step 7. It gives error "Verb DS.TOOLS is not in your VOC"
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Did you try going through the adminstrator and use DS.TOOLS.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
vsi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vsi »

Do you mean in the Command (after selecting the project name in Adminstrator)?? I didnt do it in Administrator. I wanted to do it in UNIX. Because once i used the comman LIST.READU and all the jobs just vanished (in the sense were not visible in the Designer, but existed). Luckily it was my personal computer.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

The Admin tool is not meant to do this. Hence, doesn't mean we donot use it?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

vsi wrote:... Because once i used the comman LIST.READU and all the jobs just vanished...
The LIST.READU command cannot do this, but the DS.TOOLS reindex can do this if you run it while others are working.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

vsi wrote:I tried once to unlock a job and it worked fine. But the second time i am not able to go in with the same commands. What i did was

1. Logged in as dsadm
2. went to DataStage home directory.
3. Entered ". ./dsenv"
4. Entered "bin/uvsh".
5. TCL prompt came
6. Entered "LIST.READU EVERY" at TCL
7. Entered DS.TOOLS

All worked well the first time, but second time i am failing with step 7. It gives error "Verb DS.TOOLS is not in your VOC"
This is because you are in the UV account and not in your project. After step 5 (or after step 6) and before step 7 you need to LOGTO your project. The Administrator client is already connected to your project by the time the Command window is opened.

DS.TOOLS exists in each project, but does not exist in the UV account.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vsi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vsi »

Thanks Ray, got it
vsi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vsi »

Hi ray,

Does it affect the working of Datastage if i clear the status of jobs? i guess i used option 11 and now not able to log in.

Thanks