Problem with DataStage Server installation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yaminids
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem with DataStage Server installation

Post by yaminids »

Hello there,

We are trying to test the DataStage Server installed recently on UNIX machine. I tried to run a simple job and was able to successfully compile the job. But when I try to execute the job, nothing happens. No error message is displayed and also there is no entry in the log.
Can onyone hlep me with this please.

Thanks in advance.
-Yamini
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How did you try to execute the job?
Please describe your method explicitly and completely.

Does the job have any parameters?
Did the Job Run Options window (in which you can set parameter values, run and warning limits and tracing) appear?
Are you sure you clicked OK and not Cancel in this dialog?

Is there really nothing at all in the job log?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rasi
Participant

Post by rasi »

This is unusual and my first advise will be to make sure that you are connected to the right project both in the designer and director (if you are running the job in director). Make sure that you ran your job. Try running again. And post your findings

Thanks
Siva
ailuro
Participant

Post by ailuro »

Hi yaminids

Whilst in the Log view of Director, press CTRL-T (or View > Filter Entries...) and check the filters esp under Type.

HTH