Bugs for Version 6.0.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Billyqing
Participant

Bugs for Version 6.0.1

Post by Billyqing »

I am just posting the bugs--errors occurs when using
DS 6.x

The error message:
(40503) A call to an OLE server has failed, or a runtime error occurred within the OLE server itself.
When to occur: any time during the development like: open a stage; compile a job, even any action doing on DS.

What to result: when press OK for this error message pops up, then the job closed, and everything developed disappears, and you have to do it again. There is no sign to know when it happens and how to avoid it.

What reason to cause: unknown.
The way to Prevent: Unknown.

If anyone has experienced the same situation mentioned above, please share your experience and ideal about it.

Appreciate for your suggestion and response.

Thanks.
Bill
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

OLE (object linking and embedding) is a Microsoft Windows technology. DataStage clients make use of OLE; they use objects exposed by dsobjects.dll (this has different names on earlier releases), which is usually the "OLE server" in question. Basically this message means that something has occurred in Windows that means that the OLE client has lost track of its connection with its OLE server.
It's something that happens within Windows; your only recourse is to establish a new connection (typically by opening a new client).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Billyqing
Participant

Something related to Windows???

Post by Billyqing »

Thanks Ray.

Basically this message means that something has occurred in Windows that means that the OLE client has lost track of its connection with its OLE server.
Does this error have any relation to Windows?

I mean that any reason from working on Windows may cause this happen.

I am trying to outlet the possible major causes and find out a solution.
Bill
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's nothing I know of to prevent this problem from occurring.

It seems to be minimal if you don't have any other Windows applications open when using DataStage clients. But this is not always possible.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.