ABAP Code created by DS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

ABAP Code created by DS

Post by PilotBaha »

What happens to the ABAP code generated by DS PACK? Does it get stored in a specific place in SAP env. ? The other thing that came up was regarding the promotion of the ABAP code from dev to test to prod. Is it better to regenarate these in DS or can they be promoted by SAP process?

Thanks..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The ABAP code is sent to SAP R/3 either via FTP or via RFC. You get the choice.

ABAP code is, as far as I am aware, regenerated each time the job is run, so your question about "promoting it" is moot.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

Thanks Ray..
Then in that case the moot point of promoting the ABAP code becomes a problem when I will need to regenerate it in prod environment when DS code moves there. The client is not interested in giving the SAP account that is used by DataStage a write access in prod. Guess I will have to do some lobbying in corporate politics for an account that powerful...

Once again, thanks a lot..
jrawsterne
Participant

ABAP code...

Post by jrawsterne »

Why not generate the code in your SAP development system then get a SAP bod to transport it through to your production system? Datastage doesn't have to create the program every time you run a job.
Hope this helps
JR