ds_ipcopen() error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

billsklar
Participant

ds_ipcopen() error

Post by billsklar »

I've seen others post the same concern but I have never seen anyone with any resolution. I have a stage using a link collector with multiple (under 64) streams coming in. I'm getting the following error on several jobs:

b000PlyrSessionGroupALL4..Link_Partitioner_62.DSLink13b: ds_ipcopen() - call to OpenFileMapping() failed - The system cannot find the file specified.

Anyone have any concrete thoughts on the resolution to this? I've bounced the appserver, there is plenty of disk space and I've even swapped out the collectors on the jobs.

Thanks,

Bill
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The three IPC stage types in server jobs (IPC, Link Partitioner and Link Collector) are new in 7.x. There may still be bugs. Have you logged a support call and, if so, with what result?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
billsklar
Participant

Post by billsklar »

Have not logged a support call yet. On vacation and will handle when I get back. Sorry Dale, sorry Keith. :mrgreen: