How to convert 21 digits to 13 digits uniquely

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

peternolan9
Participant

Post by peternolan9 »

Hi lynnliu,
Just a thought....

Just because a customer insists on something does not mean that you have to do it....

If the customer insists AND is willing to pay by the hour, fine, spend all the time you want trying to do the impossible....but usually customers like to 'insist' when it is not their money they are spending... ;-)

lynnliu wrote:Thanks Ogmios and Ray for helping

Unfortunately the customer insists that the source and target table can not change.
Best Regards
Peter Nolan
www.peternolan.com
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Then ask the customer how they will get 21 litres of water into a 13 litre bucket.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lynnliu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by lynnliu »

So kind of Ray.

I've try anothe way using UniChar function, converting 4digits decimal to one unicode , but i don't know how to set the NLS. :oops:

If it is impossible to use UniChar in routine, the client wish i can write a routine to do this. :?

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

UniChar() is only possible if NLS is enabled. Otherwise it internally invokes Char().

If your customer is still having DWord problems, get them to investigate the "string math" functions SADD, SSUB, SMUL and SDIV. Unlimited precision.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.