DB2 Connect - ISeries Access

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SANOJ
Participant

DB2 Connect - ISeries Access

Post by SANOJ »

Hi,

We use DB2 for AS400 V5R2 (soon V5R3) as source and target database for our datawarehouse. We currently use DB2 Connect (Version 7.2) to connect the DB2 UDB stage in Datastage to our DB2 Database. This is the only environment where we use DB2 Connect, because elsewhere (eg Business Object/WebIntelligence) we connect to DB2 using ISeries Acces (formerly Client Access)

We have tested Client Access with Datastage DB2 UDB stage in the past, and we managed to make it work in read-only mode.

There are other topics on AS400 connectivity on this site, but I haven't read nowhere if you can use Client Access/ISeries Access to connect to DB2 on AS400 with UPDATES (and deletes, ... in fact all SQL statements).

If someone uses ISeries Access both for read and update, can you tell with which version of the driver you work and which configuration settings you use.

Thanks,
Wim
peterbaun
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by peterbaun »

Hi -

What is the error you get when trying to update a table ? Sounds to me like it might be a journaling problem on the DB2 AS/400 - meaning you need journaling on your tables in order to update them. If you have the possibility then try to make a custom sql in the DB2 plugin where you have your insert/update statement and then add "with none" after the sql. Eg.
Insert into TestTable (a,b,c) values (1,2,3) with none;

If this succeeds it most likely is because there is no journaling.

Hth

Regards
Peter
SANOJ
Participant

Post by SANOJ »

peterbaun wrote:Hi -

What is the error you get when trying to update a table ? Sounds to me like it might be a journaling problem on the DB2 AS/400 - meaning you need journaling on your tables in order to update them. If you have the possibility then try to make a custom sql in the DB2 plugin where you have your insert/update statement and then add "with none" after the sql. Eg.
Insert into TestTable (a,b,c) values (1,2,3) with none;

If this succeeds it most likely is because there is no journaling.

Hth

Regards
Peter
Thanks, Peter,
No Journalling was not the problem (we tried both options). I don't remember the exact error message, but before starting to dig in it again I wanted to know if anybody has Datastage running with ISeries Access (or Client Access) in read and update mode.

Wim