calling more than 1 after-job routine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastage
Participant

calling more than 1 after-job routine

Post by datastage »

I need to clarify my understanding on this. It seems fairly obvious that you can only call 1 after-job subroutine in a particular job, but this has always seemed like weak functionality to me because there have been multiple times that I had the need to call 2 different routines back to back in an after-job.

Is this correct? Is there any workaround (other than the option of using a sequencer which will solve this, but add more development time) such as any job control that would execute after the final stage finishes?

Thanks,
Byron Paul
WARNING: DO NOT OPERATE DATASTAGE WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION.

"Strange things are afoot in the reject links" - from Bill & Ted's DataStage Adventure
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Sure, use the AFTER-TRANSFORMER routine calls as well. Just pick the transformers that execute at the end of the job logic branches. Sometimes you have transformers closing at different times, because of how you constructed your job.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Can't you string multiple commands together when you do ExecTCL, much like you can with ExecSH, semi-colons and UNIX commands? Would that help?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
tonystark622
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tonystark622 »

Byron,

I usually write a new Routine and call all the after job routines from this one routine. Obviously, I just set this one new routine as the After Job routine.

HTH,
Tony