Hi

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Biswamohan Das Samant
Participant

Hi

Post by Biswamohan Das Samant »

Hi everybody,
I am a new user to this group.So ,i am really very happy as i am a part of this group.
I am new to datastage7.1
Any way
I have some sort of queries.

1. Is Datastage7.1 support SAP package(ABAP/R3)?
I mean if my source is a OLTP system and i want to extract the data
and store it into SAP format then how do i?
I need some brief description abt this.

2. While transfering the data from OLTP system to target database some
records are truncating due to primary key violation,so how can i trap
those number of records.

Please help me

Regards
Biswamohan
dsxdev
Participant

Post by dsxdev »

In a Database Stage you use to write the records to a target table, we observed that DataStage stops loading to the target table when ever there is primary key violation. No record is loaded from the point of violation if the violation occurs at record 1 then 0 records are entered.
Happy DataStaging
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

DataStage has optional (separately priced) components for working directly with SAP R/3, either through RFC or FTP. For example the SAP R/3 Extract PACK contains the plug-in stage and the libraries that it uses. This has been certified by SAP as generating valid ABAP code and licensed for use with their product. (This licence charge is the main reason for the PACK being separately priced.)
There is also a PACK for working with SAP BW.

To trap rows rejected by databases employ the following design.

Code: Select all

----->  Transformer  ----->  database
                    |   link1
                    |  [Reject]
                    |
             SequentialFile
There are no constraints on either link. The Reject link is marked (using the check box) as handling rejected rows, and must be executed after the output link that delivers rows to the database.
On the rejects output link you can capture not just the row, you can also capture diagnostic information from the previous output link. For example if you are using an ODBC stage then the following link variables can be used.
  • link1.SQLSTATE
    link1.DBMSCODE
    link1.LASTERR
Incidentally, can you please post server job questions on the correct Forum? This forum is for parallel jobs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.